In today’s blog, we’ll be sharing a few tips on how to make your food look beautiful when serving to a crowd or small gathering. It’s like they say, you eat with your eyes first.
- If you’re serving something that you cooked in a pot or pan, the first tip is to take it out of the vessel you cooked it in, and put it into a new one. This instantly makes the meal look better.
- If you have a dip or sauce you are using, put it in a decorative bowl, and use an olive in the middle, or vegetable. If your dip is sweet, try a small piece of fruit, or a chocolate.
- A great way to update the look of a meal is to use edible orchids. These can be found in the refrigerated section of your supermarket, and instantly add a pop of color and elegance to any dish.
- When plating an item that’s large or cut into medium sized pieces, uses romaine lettuce as the bed, and lay the food on top of it. Be sure to give yourself a rim of lettuce around where the food is going so you can have the lettuce popping out around the edge.
- For beverages, using pretty straws, really makes the drink so much more fun. For drinks that don’t use a straw, using colorful glasses, or charms will give you that WOW factor.
- Use pretty serving utensils to really add some character and life to a meal. Beautiful looking utensils can really make a meal look much more inviting.
- Create a tablescape using items you have around the house. Be sure to keep things no higher than eye-level so your guests can see one another. You can use fruits that are in season as part of the décor (be sure you don’t cut them up for décor though J).
- Include a fun set of salt & pepper shakers for guests to use. These can be fun or more elegant depending on the gathering you are hosting.
Hopefully, these quick tips will be useful to you for your next gathering. Be sure to comment below and let us know what you think!
Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well.